This program is for the trekkers who want to see a beauty of the mountains and go along the ancient Silk Road. Visit the very high and amazing virgin mountains in the area of the Kuksay Glacier on the eastern side of the Mustaghata Massif in the Western Karakoram.
Day 1: Drive to the Torugart Pass, then drive to Kashgar, about 3 hours, hotel accommodation
Day 2: Shopping in Kashgar; drive to Karakul Lake, then to Subashi / Kongtoyagz Village (3659 m), 4-5 hours; night in our own tents
Day 3-4: Trek up with packing – camels along the Kengxuwar and Torbulung rivers to the tongue of the Kuksay Glacier (about 4000 m); nights in our own tents
Day 5: Trek up with donkeys and local porters to the place of the Kuksay Base Camp (about 4600 m)
Day 6-10: Trek and easy climbs around the Kuksay Base Camp area, 5 days
Day 11: Trek down with donkeys and local porters to the tongue of the Kuksay Glacier; night in our own tents.
Day 12-13: Trek down with pack – camels to Subashi / Kongtoyagz Village; nights in our own tents.
Day 14: Drive to Kashgar; hotel accommodation.
Day 15: Kashgar city tour
Day 16: Drive to the Torugart Pass, crossing the China-Kyrgyzstan border
2. Chinese visa invitations, registration in China, all necessary fees and charges for Xinjiang, including a trekking permit fee, an administrative fee, highway and conservation charges etc.
3. Bus/jeep for the transportation Tourgart Pass-Kashgar- Subashi/Kongtoyagz Village and back, special payment for crossing the Kyrgyzstan – China border with bus/jeep
4. Pack – camels for the luggage transportation Subashi/ Kongtoyagz Village – the tongue of the Kuksay Glacier and back
5. Donkeys and local porters for the luggage transportation the tongue of the Kuksay Glacier – Kuksay Base Camp and back
6. Hotel accommodation (double rooms, breakfast) in Kashgar for 3 nights
7. City tour in Kashgar for 1 day
8. Meals during the treks and transportation along the way
9. Base camp equipment: a big mess tent, tables, stools, a mess kit, gas stoves and a cooking set
10. Fresh food for the meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during the trek and in the Kuksay Base Camp
11. Local Uighur, Chinese cook for cooking during the trek and in the Kuksay Base Camp
12. Chinese liaison officer – interpreter
Period of the program: June – Sept.